The Queen Elizabeth Health Complex Foundation (QEHCF) raises necessary funds for the Queen Elizabeth Health Complex (QEHC) to acquire much needed medical equipment, offer free medical services to our visitors and ensure that everyone who walks through the QEHC doors receives the highest level of patient-centered healthcare. The fundraising activities of the QEHCF include the following:
Annual Direct Mail Campaign: Each year, the QEHCF solicits the support of its faithful and loyal donors through its Annual Direct Mail Campaign.
Major Campaign: Major Campaign Going digital and sustainable for better health reached its goal and raised $2,000,000. The QEHCF will be launching a Major Campaign in the fall of 2017.
Circle of Governors: The Circle of Governors’ is our way of thanking our donors for their support and efforts that ensure continued excellence in patient care at the QEHC. By donating $250 within a fiscal year – April 1st to March 31st – donors are recognized as members of our Circle of Governors.
- Online donation: Make a 100% tax-deductible donation today and support the mission of the QEHCF to benefit the QEHC, a not-for-profit medical complex that receives no government funding.
- Under the Tuscan Sun: Annual spring Italian theme event, where guests are wined and dined. Throughout the evening guests enthusiastically participate in the silent auction and raffles while dancing the night away.
- Comedy Nest: Annual winter event, designed as a friend raiser as well as a fundraiser. This new addition to our QEHC Foundation calendar of events succeeded in reaching out to families.
- Organize an event: You can organize a fundraising event with your friends, your family and your colleagues or with your cultural or sports group. Make a real difference in the lives of the patients of the QEHC. Here are a few examples of activities that are organized annually for the benefit of the QEHCF.
- Tony’s BBQ: Tony Fargnoli, the QEHC Foundation’ President, delighted adults and kids alike with hotdogs and beverages on Green Avenue outside of his place of business. Tony succeeds in raising more than $2,000 through this grassroots annual community initiative.
- Lobby Draw: Throughout the year, one of our most devoted volunteers, Louise Curley, virtually takes up residence in the QEHC lobby where she engages our visitors, staff, tenants and patients alike by selling tickets for her Lobby Draw. Prizes include everything from Habs hockey tickets to flat screen TVs. All of the prize items are donated. Louise raises an average of $12,000 a year through her Lobby Draw ticket sales.
Ways to give:
Your donation, no matter how big or how small, is truly appreciated by the visitors and patients of the QEHC.
- One time donation.
- Monthly donation: Donate a few dollars each month.
- In Memory Donation: Make a donation in memory of a loved one, family member, friend or colleague.
- In Honour Donation: Show your appreciation to a loved one; send a birthday wish, an anniversary wish, or highlight a special occasion.
- Matching Gifts: Double the impact of your donation by inquiring if your employer offers a Matching Gift Program.
Provides you with the opportunity to make a gift that will materialize in the future and offer you significant tax savings.
Planned Giving options include:
- Gift of a life insurance
- Others: (RRSPs, charitable reminder trust, gifts of residual interest, etc.)
Gift of Securities:
By donating a gift of appreciated securities (shares, bonds, etc.), you will be receipted for the full amount of your donation without being taxed on you capital gains.
An Endowment Fund – or Named Fund – allows you to capitalize your donation, make a significant impact and leave your lasting commitment to the QEHC. Only the investment income generated from your fund is used annually, thereby creating a never ending source of funding to the future of the QEHC.
For more information on the abovementioned ways of donating, please contact Diane Roch, email@example.com – 514.485.5023